"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Creating a new project and including libraries

Hello everyone,

I have tinkered with the various examples on Eclipse but now I wish to create a new project and include only the libraries I want to use ( and probably other external libraries that are not included in any existing project ). I have tried creating a new project using the project type for my processor but I still can't build because of faulty includes or makefile. If anyone has managed to successfully do this I could really use their experience.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Hi Douglas,
    There are detailed instructions about how to create a new project in embARC doc. If you open the doc under \embARC201505\embARC\doc, from tthe left list click on "example", in the new page search for "embARC Example Usage", click on the link (see link1.jpg), on the new page there's a section telling steps about how to create new IDE projects titled "How to Create a New Application Using embARC". It's a step by step instruction and could help you walk through the process.
    Please let me know if you are able to see them and create your own projects. The steps are for GNU tools and for MetaWare, it's similar.
    Thanks.
  • Hi Elliot,

yes, I am able to create my own projects. Thank you for your help! I managed to build and run projects on Ubuntu using the command line.

Thanks to your help I was able to run the HTTP server example using the digilent wifi module. It works beautifully. Now I am looking for an HTTP library that implements GET, POST etc. requests in an easier to use API. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!
  • Hi Douglas.
    In the new version of embARC that will be released soon, a http parser is added in. You can try this. There are also a lot of new features in the new release
  • Nice! Thanks!