"

MQX code size

I would like to know the MQX code size, we would like to pick have a optimal small code size OS for our IoT project.
The precompile MQX library from SNPS looks excceed 64k.

Comments

• bin said:

I would like to know the MQX code size, we would like to pick have a optimal small code size OS for our IoT project.
    The precompile MQX library from SNPS looks excceed 64k.

Oops...Sorry that I didn't see your quest earlier :( The coming release of embARC (hopefully Jan 2016) would support MQX and MQX is a configurable RTOS which you could choose to pull out some parts of it and have some other parts. The complete MQX library is larger than 64K indeed.
    Hope it still helps. And since MQX is still subject to commercial deals I suggest to use SolveNet and go through business routines for such information. Thanks.

• The MQX library can be built to be as small as 4KB. It depends on your ARC processor configuration and RTOS features used in your application. If code size is critical to your application you may want to consider licensing MQX.

More information is available here: https://www.synopsys.com/dw/ipdir.php?ds=os_mqx_software